As you prepare your senior thesis projects, keep these funding opportunities in mind:
Barnard and Columbia students:
- Earth Institute Travel Grant
"...funding to support travel for current Columbia University students who are engaged in research projects dealing with issues of sustainable development and the environment." "The maximum travel grant award is up to $750 per person." Deadline is January 31, 2017 for spring 2017 funding.
Barnard College students:
"...support travel related to research for the senior thesis. Candidates apply to the Committee on Honors (CoH) in the spring of their junior year to seek support for travel that will take place during the summer between the junior and senior years. The awards generally range from $1,000 - $4,000."
Lucyle Hook Travel Grants
"provide funding for travel related to research for the Barnard senior thesis... The award amount varies, but normally ranges from $100-$500. Candidates apply to the Faculty Committee on Honors, which typically awards four or five grants each year. The deadline this year is November 1, 2016. Decisions will be announced by mid-December."
Columbia College students:
- Columbia College Senior Thesis Funding
"Columbia College is able to provide a small resarch fund to students conducting approved research for their senior theses. Once approved you may receive, on a reimbursement basis, up to $500 towards the costs of undertaking your research."
General Studies students:
- General Studies Senior Thesis Funding
"The School of General Studies offers a small stipend ($250) to defray associated expenses for GS seniors working on a senior thesis or honors project."
Urban Studies Main Menu
- Prospective major FAQ — start here
- Summer 2017 Urban Studies Courses
- Fall 2017 Urban Studies Courses
- Fall 2017 A/B/C Courses
- Spring 2017 Urban Studies Courses
- Spring 2017 A/B/C Courses
- Comprehensive list of approved A/B/C courses
- Major Curriculum (Current Majors through 2018)
- Major Curriculum (2019 Majors Onwards Under New Requirements)
- Forms and Resources
- Events, news, and opportunities
- Funding opportunities for senior thesis projects
- Study abroad
- About Urban Studies
- Office Hours
- Affiliated Faculty