These are the courses that are being offered in Spring 2013 that fulfill Requirements A, B, and C of the Urban Studies curriculum.
Appropriate substitutions can be requested from the Program Director.
New courses are added to this list as they are brought to our attention; it is always subject to change.
- ANTH V3960 — The Culture of Public Art and Display in New York
- AFRS BC3556 — Anthropology of Black America
- URBS V3308 — Introduction to Urban Ethnographies
- HIST BC3978 — 20th Century Cities: Americas/Europe
- HIST BC4830 — Bombay/Mumbai and its Urban Imaginaries
- POLS W3245 — Race and Ethnicity in American Politics
- URBS V3315 — Metropolitics of Race and Place
- URBS V3550 — Community Building
Please note that URBS V2200 — Introduction to GIS Methods does not fulfill Requirement C.
Urban Studies Main Menu
- Prospective major FAQ — start here
- Spring 2015 Urban Studies Courses
- Spring 2015 A/B/C Courses
- Course Descriptions from the Catalogue
- Comprehensive list of approved A/B/C courses
- Major Curriculum
- Forms and Resources
- Events, news, and opportunities
- Funding opportunities for senior thesis projects
- Study abroad
- About Urban Studies
- Office Hours